Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Of books, covers and faces . . .

What do you do when you have been blessed with a face that looks sleepy all the time, irrespective of how fresh your mind really is ?

Most people have a basic look which their face conforms too, when the facial muscles are relaxed. Some look like Atlas who has not been able to shrug for quite some time. Some look like walking and talking posters of Happy Dent. There are others who seem as if they are afflicted by Bell's palsy. And I have a friend who looks like an angry convict most of the time. I however, look sleepy.

I wasn't always in this category. But, I guess, over time muscles take the shape of whatever you do for the most part during the time you are awake. Since I have completed three years in engineering, I have spent a majority of the time I was not sleeping in bed sitting in class in a stupor. I have evolved. My face having realised that it would have to look sleepy for around 6 hours a day, as compared to maybe 3 hours thoughful, 2.5 hours anxious, 1.45 hours pissed,.... and so on, decided to minimise its workload. And thus, as I said before, I have evolved. Pretty fast, eh ? Had Darwin been my teacher, I would surely have scored an 'S'.

The disadvantages are apparent, but there are some advantages too. For example, warding off unwanted people who want to forcibly enter your room and waste your time. I can, very conveniently, "have just woken up.. Come in, won't you.. ", or contrarily, "be going to bed. Please come some time later.. ".

What face do you have ?

1 comment:

I need a clever display name. said...

At the moment my fair-complexioned face appears to express amusement and even suppressed laughter. I'm beginning to be plagued by the old dictim that if you make a face long enough, it will stick. Though I'm not sure it effects the general appearance of my face, generally the sides of my mouth are curved upward throughout the entire day. To accurately describe it seems difficult. It is odd.